As Elkhorn Public Schools continues to experience significant growth throughout the District, and our student population progressively diversifies, the need for extra student support increases. As a result of this growth, EPS recently made the decision to transition our current, district-run Partners in Education Mentoring Program into a chapter with the TeamMates Mentoring Program.
This school-based mentoring program, founded by Dr. Tom and Nancy Osborne, is an additional tool utilized by EPS to provide more structured support and encouragement for students, given the wide variety of backgrounds and interests that can be found in EPS students, while bringing more mentors into our program and allowing us to retain the majority of our current mentoring relationships already in place.
TeamMates mentors are asked to meet with their student mentee once per week during regular school hours, within the school building. If you’re interested in making a difference in the life of an EPS student, please visit https://teammates.org/become-a-mentor/apply/ and choose “Elkhorn, NE” as your desired chapter.
If you have questions regarding the TeamMates of Elkhorn mentoring chapter, contact Kara Perchal at email@example.com or (402) 289-2579.
Save the date for the upcoming production of Newsies (The Musical) presented by Elkhorn High School students! Show dates and times are below, and ticket information can be found by viewing the flyer. All performances will be held at Elkhorn High School.
Nov. 1 7:00 PM
Nov. 2 7:00 PM
Nov. 3 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM
Nov. 4 2:00 PM
All parents are encouraged to attend upcoming parent-teacher conferences, scheduled for Tuesday, October 16 and Wednesday, October 17. Parent-teacher conferences provide a unique opportunity for parents and teachers to share information and build mutual support vital to each child’s progress in school. Conferences also help teachers better understand all the circumstances that may impact a child’s learning.
Conferences for elementary students will be scheduled from 3:00 – 7:00 pm. Please check with your building to confirm scheduling options.
Middle school conferences will be held from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m., with high school conferences scheduled from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
All schools will dismiss one hour early on October 16 and 17 for conferences.
Back-to-School 101 provides families with an opportunity to visit their school building, turn in paperwork, have their student pictures taken, and learn more about involvement opportunities. Dates for the 2018-2019 school year Back-to-School 101 for all Elkhorn schools have been set, according to the schedule below.
– Elkhorn High School: Monday, July 30th from 12:00 -6:00
– Elkhorn South High School: Thursday, August 2nd from 12:00 -6:00
– Middle Schools North of Dodge Street – Monday, August 6th from 10:00 – 7:00
– Middle Schools South of Dodge Street – Tuesday, August 7th from 10:00 – 7:00
– Elementary Buildings North of Dodge Street – Monday, August 6th from 12:00 – 6:00
– Elementary Buildings South of Dodge Street – Tuesday, August 7th from 12:00 – 6:00
For additional information on Back-to-School 101, please contact your building secretary.
New Student Registration will be held at all Elkhorn schools on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, July 31 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call your school office the week prior to set up a new student registration appointment. If you are unsure of your school assignment, visit elkhornweb.org or call the EPS Administration Building at (402) 289-2579.
The below items are required for registration:
1. Birth Certificate (all grade levels)
2. Proof of district residence (all grade levels)
3. Immunization Record – immunizations for poliomyelitis, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, hepatitis B (all grades), two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), and two varicella (chicken pox) immunizations (or proof that they have had the disease) are required for all students.
PLEASE NOTE: proof of immunization is required before attendance is allowed.
4. Current physical examination and visual examination documentation (within six months) is required for all kindergartners, seventh graders, and all students enrolling from out of state.
5. For foster children or wards of the state or court, court documents and pertinent school records are required.
6. School records from previous schools (all grades).