Back-to-School 101 provides families with an opportunity to visit their school building, turn in paperwork, have their student pictures taken, and learn more about involvement opportunities. Dates for the 2018-2019 school year Back-to-School 101 for all Elkhorn schools have been set, according to the schedule below.
– Elkhorn High School: Monday, July 30th from 12:00 -6:00
– Elkhorn South High School: Thursday, August 2nd from 12:00 -6:00
– Middle Schools North of Dodge Street – Monday, August 6th from 10:00 – 7:00
– Middle Schools South of Dodge Street – Tuesday, August 7th from 10:00 – 7:00
– Elementary Buildings North of Dodge Street – Monday, August 6th from 12:00 – 6:00
– Elementary Buildings South of Dodge Street – Tuesday, August 7th from 12:00 – 6:00
For additional information on Back-to-School 101, please contact your building secretary.
New Student Registration will be held at all Elkhorn schools on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, July 31 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call your school office the week prior to set up a new student registration appointment. If you are unsure of your school assignment, visit elkhornweb.org or call the EPS Administration Building at (402) 289-2579.
The below items are required for registration:
1. Birth Certificate (all grade levels)
2. Proof of district residence (all grade levels)
3. Immunization Record – immunizations for poliomyelitis, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, hepatitis B (all grades), two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), and two varicella (chicken pox) immunizations (or proof that they have had the disease) are required for all students.
PLEASE NOTE: proof of immunization is required before attendance is allowed.
4. Current physical examination and visual examination documentation (within six months) is required for all kindergartners, seventh graders, and all students enrolling from out of state.
5. For foster children or wards of the state or court, court documents and pertinent school records are required.
6. School records from previous schools (all grades).
The last official day of the 2017-2018 school year for Elkhorn Public Schools will be Friday, May 25; students at all levels will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. that day.
The 2018-2019 school year calendar is also available for review by clicking here.
Elkhorn Public Schools has been honored with the Best Communities for Music Education designation from The NAMM Foundation for its outstanding commitment to music education.
The Best Communities for Music Education designation is awarded to districts that demonstrate outstanding achievement in efforts to provide music access and education to all students. To qualify for the Best Communities designation, Elkhorn Public Schools provided detailed information about funding, graduation requirements, music class participation, instruction time, facilities, support for the music program, and community music-making programs. Responses were verified with school officials and reviewed by The Music Research Institute at the University of Kansas.
Superintendent Dr. Bary Habrock states “Being named a “Best Community for Music Education” is a tremendous honor, as it recognizes our dedicated educators and administrators, talented students, engaged parents, and our supportive School Board.” “The Elkhorn Public Schools has a rich history of music education and remains committed to music education and all arts going forward,” Dr. Habrock states.
Research into music education continues to demonstrate educational/cognitive and social skill benefits for children who make music. This award recognizes that Elkhorn Public Schools is leading the way by providing those learning opportunities to students.
About The NAMM Foundation
The NAMM Foundation is a nonprofit supported in part by the National Association of Music Merchants and its approximately 10,300 members around the world. The foundation advances active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving, and public service programs. For more information about the NAMM Foundation, please visit www.nammfoundation.org.
A student/parent meeting and tryouts for those interested in cheering for the 2018-2019 school year have been scheduled. Please see the attached flyer for additional information or call Barb Schmidt at 402-289-4239 with questions.
EHS Cheer Tryouts