The Elkhorn Public School District believes keeping parents informed is a priority. The District utilizes the SchoolMessenger Notification Service, which allows us to send a voice message to up to five contact numbers per student in the event of an emergency. This system will also allow us to send an email message to you providing important information about school events or emergencies.
We use SchoolMessenger to notify parents of school closings or cancellations due to inclement weather, as well as to offer important reminders of various events such as parent-teacher conferences, open houses, and dates of standardized testing.
Details that you will need to know about receiving phone calls sent through SchoolMessenger:
- Caller ID will display the school district’s main number (402)289-2579 when a general announcement is delivered such as a weather-related school closing.
- Caller ID will display your school’s phone number when it is a general announcement from your school’s principal.
- Caller ID will display 411 if the message is a dire emergency.
- SchoolMessenger is set up to leave a message on an answering machine or voicemail.
- The primary home phone number will be called for non-emergency calls. Emergency calls will be sent to the home phone number, parent/guardian work number, and the parent/guardian cell phone number.
The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for each student. If this information changes during the school year, please let us know immediately.
We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the District office.