Food Service Purposes and Facilities
Aims and objectives of the school lunch program are to:
1. Make it possible for every student to have a nutritionally adequate lunch.
2. Make the maximum contribution to the educational experience of students.
3. Be generally non-profit for the District.
4. Maintain high standards in all phases of the program.
The Board has established the school lunch program as an integral part of the total school program within the following guidelines :
1. The school lunch program will generally operate on a break-even basis for the District.
2. Strict compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to health, sanitation and safety, internal accounting, employment practices, dietary components, costs of lunches and periodic reporting is required.
3. The school lunch program will be conducted as an additional learning experience for pupils.
4. School personnel are not eligible to be served without cost.
5. The District will offer no food to students other than that offered through the regular lunch program during school lunch hours.
Approved: April 13, 1992
Revised: March 12, 1996
Revised: September 11, 2006