Rules and Procedures to Implement Policy 402.09
- The Board of Education authorizes the Superintendent or designee to contract with one or more financial institutions, card-issuing banks, credit card companies, charge card companies, debit card companies, or third-party merchant banks capable of operating a purchasing card program on behalf of the District.
- The Board of Education delegates to the Superintendent or designee: (a) the determination of the type of purchasing card or cards to be utilized in the District’s purchasing card program; and (b) the determination of which employees shall be approved or disapproved to be assigned a purchasing card in the District’s purchasing card program. The Superintendent shall submit the approved names to the Board, from time to time.
- The District’s purchasing card program may only be utilized for the purchase of goods and services for and on behalf of the District. No officer or employee of the District shall use a purchasing card for any unauthorized use.
- An itemized receipt for purposes of tracking expenditures shall accompany all purchasing card purchases. In the event that a receipt does not accompany an authorized cardholder’s purchase, the Superintendent or designee may temporarily or permanently suspend said cardholder’s purchasing card privileges.
- Upon the termination or suspension of employment of an individual using a purchasing card, the Superintendent or designee shall immediately close such individual’s purchasing card account and said employee shall immediately return the purchasing card.
Legal Reference: Neb. Rev. Stat. § 13-610
Adopted: April 10, 2017