1. Locate AR book.
2. Begin AR goal
3. Share goal and calculator with a parent.
"Ways to Learn the 50 States" Notes/Mapping Activity
**50 States Test = Friday
**Syllabus signed = due Friday
1. First book and first log entry due Friday.
Complete 001 Survey- due tomorrow
Safety Contract-due Friday (both you and parents have to sign)
50 States Stations
**50 States Test = Friday
**Syllabus signed = due Friday
Current Events Project - introduction/sign up
50 States - work time
**50 States Test = tomorrow!
**Syllabus signed = tomorrow!
Most of us finished our book covers in class today. If you did not, make sure you turn in the typed document or slide (BACK COVER) online BEFORE you go to bed tonight, and turn in the paper cover (front) at the beginning of class tomorrow.
Baumert - 50 States Test
50 States Test Today!!!
1. Keep reading AR!
2. Practice your memorization!
Science Safety Superhero due Monday
(Rubrics can be found on Google Classroom)
-Read the article and answer the questions in your science notebooks (all can be found on Google Classroom)
Begin Geography Unit
- Latitude and longitude review
Today we began a packet over sentence structure. You will need to collect this from me, and ask me for help getting started. Check your google classroom for the lesson which will help you as well.
HOMEWORK: Do page 3-4 letters A-F ONLY ONE SENTENCE! Don't do 2,3 yet.
1. Vocabulary Worklog, Unit #1 due Friday, September 1
2. AR due Monday, October 9...PARENT SIGNATURE DUE THURSDAY!
Latitude and Longitude - practice
- Partner Quiz
- Google Classroom activity is NOT homework. We will complete this in class tomorrow.
We completed pages 1-4 in the sentence packet. Make sure you come see me if you still have remaining questions about those pages.
Look in Google Classroom. Your assignment AND an announcement (the pages you need from Write Source) are posted in there. The assignment is due BEFORE MIDNIGHT Wednesday. You will have all of class tomorrow to work on these slides.
Finish your Capitalization slides and STUDY for your quiz tomorrow. We will work more on the packet together in class tomorrow.
Finish lab conclusions from water displacement
Finish lab conclusions from volume
Latitude and Longitude - Treasure Hunt activity
Today we are taking our quiz over capitalization rules. We will also spend some time with our packet over phrases and clauses IN CLASS.
- Begin itinerary (Google Classroom)
Skittle Density Lab Conclusion due tomorrow
-005- OPTIONAL ONLINE STUDY GUIDE DUE TOMORROW
In class today, we finish the packet using pages from Write Source. Check your google classroom for an announcement including the necessary pages.
1. Unit #1 Vocabulary Summative Assessment, Tuesday, September 5. Continue Using Quizlet to practice. For Tuesday, ALL 3 activities MUST be practiced for A, B, & C! Study Partner is still an option.
2. Continue working towards AR goals: Due October 9.
- Itinerary work time (Google Classroom)
- Update Geographic Vocabulary Foldable
We are MAP testing in class Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
Quiz FIXITS are DUE TODAY when you get to class.
- Finish Itinerary/practice
- Time Zones = if you did not finish in class, this is HOMEWORK due tomorrow!
**Geography Test = Thursday!!
Hollman - white puzzle (page 54 only) Due Wednesday
white puzzle (page 54 only) - Due Wednesday
1. Activities A, 3 Vocabulary pretests...Unit #2. Pretests ONLY due Wednesday
2. Continue AR
Finishing MAP in class today. You need to see me if you are behind due to absence or just needing more time. This is your responsibility to get it made up, but I will work with you to get it done as soon as possible.
Geography Test Review Day!
- If you do not finish the test review in class today, complete the remaining portion at home and STUDY FOR YOUR GEOGRAPHY TEST TOMORROW!
- Parts 1 and 2 require an atlas - if you did not check one out after school and/or don't have access to one at home, you can try to locate one online OR you are welcome to come in early tomorrow (7:40 am) to work in the classroom. If you are comfortable with these skills, you can also just move on to the remaining portion of the review.
**Remember... Geography Test = tomorrow!!
1. Quizlet 2ABC due Friday. Be sure to update your Vocabulary Worklog.
2. Unit #2 Summative Assessment on Tuesday, September 12.
3. AR due October 9.
Hollman - white puzzle (both sides) Due Thursday
Baumert - Geography Test!!
Geography Test TODAY!
- Begin Textbook (online) Scavenger Hunt
Hollman - yellow wkst (both sides) Due Friday
Hollman - blue wkst (both sides) Due Monday
We have been working for a few days on capitalization and punctuation. Here are the practice pages which are due on MONDAY: Caps packet (evens only...you did this on your own paper.) Commas practice page. End punctuation practice page. 3 sample sentences of the rules from your Schmoop video. ONLY WRITE SENTENCES FOR THE COMMA DO's .
COME SEE ME MONDAY AT 7:40 IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS! I cannot help you over the weekend.
Here is a link to the video: https://www.shmoop.com/video/how-to-use-a-freakin-comma
HW: Ch. 2 Scavenger Hunt = due Monday!
Hollman - white puzzle ONLY (no calc., must show work on sep. paper) Due Tuesday
Primary and Secondary Sources - notes/practice
**If you did not finish the last page of the handout during class today, these questions are homework due tomorrow.
Hollman - pink puzzle and white packet Due Wednesday
Unit #2 Summative Assessment
1. Vocabulary Unit #3 Quizlet: Take and record your work for Unit #3ABC pretests...due Wednesday!
Study for your quiz. Use your notes, the last quiz you took, and your practices over capitalization, end punctuation, and commas.
Source Analysis Stations
Hollman - purple wkst and white packet due Thursday
QUIZ in class today.
Do the sentence formula practice assignment. This is due tomorrow.
BELOW IS A COPY OF THE ASSIGNMENT!
Using the formulas and the examples, write your own sentences to follow the formula. Each sentence you correctly write is worth 2 points. Use your blue resource page to help you with subordinating conjunctions, coordinating conjunctions, and prepositions.
How to earn points:
1. Use correct capitalization and end punctuation throughout the sentence.
2. Correctly use commas in your formulas.
3. Write at least one sentence using each formula, but no more than 2 of any one formula.
4. Write ten complete sentences total.
5. Write on your own paper, OR type and print a document. DO NOT EMAIL TO OR SHARE WITH ME!
Independent clause + dependent clause (begin this clause with a subordinating conjunction).
Joseph did not go to bed until the Broncos game was over.
Dependent clause (begin this clause with a subordinating conjunction) + , + independent clause.
While Harrison contemplated his dinner choices, the waiter brought warm bread.
Independent clause + , + coordinating conjunction + independent clause.
Phyllis wanted her yard to look tidy, so she mowed the lawn.
Independent clause + INTERRUPTION (dependent clause or phrase) in the middle of the independent clause. (COMMAS set off the interruption at the beginning AND the end.)
That movie, in my humble opinion, was the worst display of stupidity I have ever wasted nine dollars on!
Why would anyone, if he or she were in a right mind, star in garbage like that show?
Independent clause + , + nonrestrictive phrase.
It would be fun for our school to start a new club, which would get more kids involved.
Independent clause + restrictive (prepositional) phrase.
Francis took a ride with her pet python.
Finish Source Analysis Stations
Begin Quarter 1 Vocabulary (flashcards)
Hollman - fix mistakes to white packet due Friday
Today we watched and took notes over videos from Kahn Academy. These discuss and give examples of the rules for using semicolons and colons. Please watch the links and take notes. The worksheet to follow will be completed in class on Friday!
STOP THE LAST VIDEO at 2:51 - you don't need the information after this!!
All activities and post-tests for 3ABC due Tuesday, September 19. At least one activity MUST BE COMPLETED BY ALL STUDENTS, even those getting a 100% on the pretests.
Primary/Secondary Sources Quiz
13 Colonies Map
Hollman - Number Sense #1 Practice Test due Tuesday
Use this site to practice lessons on concepts for your upcoming DCA: capitalization, end punctuation, commas, semicolons, colons, apostrophes, quotation marks, phrases, clauses, sentence parts.
You cannot do pretests, quizzes, reviews, or post-tests without an account, but you CAN do as many lessons as you wish!!
Digital Citizenship Lesson
Constitution Day = Sunday, September 17!
- Constitution video w/ questions
1. Unit #3 Summative Assessment tomorrow, Wednesday, September 20.
2. AR due in 20 days.
3. If you have ear buds, bring them tomorrow and Thursday.
Hollman - fix mistakes to practice test Due Wed. (Test Wed.)
Hollman - ALEKS knowledge check and Quiz A Due Monday
Begin Google Classroom activity - CSI: The Lost Colony of Roanoke
- Today's goal = finish Scenario 1 and the corresponding questions.
Complete your portion of the research (4 sites with 4 facts for each site)
Hollman - pink wkst Due Friday
Google Classroom - Roanoke CSI activity
** If you did not finish the answer sheet (Google Doc) (this includes all 6 scenarios and the new evidence) in class, this is homework due tomorrow!
** You will finish the conclusion paragraph tomorrow in class.
Front and back of variable worksheet
Hollman - blue wkst Due Monday
AR is due today!