Administrative Rules and Procedures to Implement Policy 505.04
SOLICITING FUNDS FROM AND BY STUDENTS (FUND RAISING)
Fund raisers involving students must be conducted under the following guidelines:
1. All fund raisers must have a specific school or school/Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) purpose.
2. All fund raisers must be approved in advance by the building principal.
3. Fund raisers should be kept to a minimum (one per building or organization per year).
4. Students may be involved in a fund raiser only on a voluntary basis.
5. A letter from the principal or principal’s designee will be attached to the student’s fund raising materials stating:
a) the purpose of the fund raiser and the intended use of funds raised.
b) the duration (dates) of the fund raiser.
c) the voluntary nature of participation in the fund raiser.
d) a phone number to call if there are questions about the fund raiser.
6. The use of incentives for student participation and door-to-door solicitation shall be minimized to as great an extent as possible.
Approved: October 12, 1992
Revised: December 11, 1995
Revised: April 10, 2006