Administrative Rules and Procedures to Implement Policy 1006.09
Bulletin Boards and Posted Material
Display cases may be designated to specific sports, academics and/or activities by the Principal.
Varsity Head Coaches and/or Activity Advisors may place at their discretion trophies, plaques and/or awards in the cases provided for their specific sport and/or activity. Varsity Head coaches and/or Activity Advisors are responsible for updating all material in display cases annually.
State Team Champions and State Runners-Up – Team photos of state champions/runners up in a specific school sponsored sport and/or activity will be hung above the display cases.
First Team All-State Selections (Omaha World Herald and/or Lincoln Journal-Star ONLY) and individual state sport and/or activity champions in school sponsored sports or activities will be recognized with an 8″ x 10″ framed photo within a year of the honor. The framed photos will be placed in the specific sport or activity display case.
When there are more trophies and awards than space allows, the Principal or designate may remove trophies or awards within the following guidelines:
- Maintain State Champion and/or State Runner-Up trophies and/or plaques whenever possible.
- Take out the oldest awards first.
- Take out only as many pictures as needed, keeping the trophy case as full as possible.
- Take out one year’s worth of trophies or awards. Do not separate a class.
- When individual photos are removed, efforts should be made to give the photo to the individual.
- When All-State or Individual State Champion framed photos are removed, their name, position/event, and year of honor should be inscribed on an honor plaque that would be permanently displayed near the display cases.
- The Principal or designate will create and maintain an All-State scrap book of all All-State and Individual State Champions.
- Trophies or plaques removed from display cases due to space considerations will be given to the Elkhorn Public Schools Foundation.
Approved: June 11, 2001
Revised: September 11, 2006
Revised: November 16, 2016